Happy Healthy Checklist is an illustrated mini-zine that offers 14 helpful reminders for taking care of yourself when dealing with anxiety and depression. Read the images below or skip to the bottom for a text transcription of the whole guide. If you want a more in-depth read check out the free Condensed Edition of The Happiest Choice available for download on our books and zines page.
Physical copies of the Happy Healthy Checklist are available in our Etsy Shop or check out our Books and Zines for more empowering and motivational guides. My other mini mental health guides include Happy Healthy Suffering, Happy Healthy Habits, and Happy Healthy Eating.
This guide is derived from The Happiest Choice: Essential Tools for Everyone's Brain Feelings. You can learn more about my book and the science of happiness at www.sageliskey.com
Please note that while the information contained herein is researched and has worked for me, I am not a medical professional and none of this is meant to be medical advice. As such I do not guarantee the accuracy of the information presented and disclaim liability for errors and omissions.
1. Deal with any situation causing your mental suffering and constructively communicate anything that needs to be said.
2. Avoid triggering foods and substances, especially inflammatory ones.
3. Get outside to nature or someplace you haven't been for awhile.
4. Breathe deeply, meditate, and live in the present moment.
5. Create something.
6. Take some time for yourself and enjoy one of your hobbies.
7. No direct sun exposure? Take vitamin D daily.
8. Eat a nutritious meal with anti-inflammatory foods.
9. Go socialize or put yourself in a social environment.
10. Schedule for the day and week ahead.
11. Get enough sleep or take a break from work.
12. Seek out a calming environment.
13. See a therapist.
14. Call a support line like the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255
My name is Sage Liskey. I am an author, poet, fine artist, designer, and activist. Born and raised in Oregon, I now travel while I write and self-publish empowering books, zines, and booklets. I founded the Rad Cat Press in 2010 to help distribute my materials with a mission devoted to creating life-changing and accessible publications for the modern world. My informational guidebooks (many of which are available for free) cover topics such as alternative and radical mental health, depression, community, sustainability, art, and activism. I offer talks on these subjects as well.
My Books and Zines
November 24th - December 24th, 2017
Rad Cat Press at Eugene Holiday Market
10AM-6PM each Saturday and Sunday and some Fridays.
Lane Events Center, Eugene, Oregon
April 1st - April 30th, 2018
Digital Collage and Book Display at Townshend's Teahouse
Downtown Townshend's Tea House, Eugene, Oregon