Happy Healthy Checklist is an illustrated mini-zine that offers 14 helpful reminders for taking care of yourself when dealing with anxiety and depression. Read the images below or skip to the bottom for a text transcription of the whole guide. If you want a more in-depth read check out the free Condensed Edition of The Happiest Choice available for download on our books and zines page.
Physical copies of the Happy Healthy Checklist are available in our Etsy Shop or check out our Books and Zines for more empowering and motivational guides. My other mini mental health guides include Happy Healthy Suffering, Happy Healthy Habits, and Happy Healthy Eating.
This guide is derived from The Happiest Choice: Essential Tools for Everyone's Brain Feelings. You can learn more about my book and the science of happiness at www.sageliskey.com
Please note that while the information contained herein is researched and has worked for me, I am not a medical professional and none of this is meant to be medical advice. As such I do not guarantee the accuracy of the information presented and disclaim liability for errors and omissions.
1. Deal with any situation causing your mental suffering and constructively communicate anything that needs to be said.
2. Avoid triggering foods and substances, especially inflammatory ones.
3. Get outside to nature or someplace you haven't been for awhile.
4. Breathe deeply, meditate, and live in the present moment.
5. Create something.
6. Take some time for yourself and enjoy one of your hobbies.
7. No direct sun exposure? Take vitamin D daily.
8. Eat a nutritious meal with anti-inflammatory foods.
9. Go socialize or put yourself in a social environment.
10. Schedule for the day and week ahead.
11. Get enough sleep or take a break from work.
12. Seek out a calming environment.
13. See a therapist.
14. Call a support line like the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255
Hi! My name is Sage Liskey, the founder of the Rad Cat Press. I grew up seeing a lot of the disturbing, toxic, and unhealthy sides of American culture, and decided I wanted to do something to change it. Since 2010 I have been writing books and zines (booklets) focused around uplifting lives and reimagining society, with a primary focus in mental health and empowerment. I believe a better world is possible, so I hope you feel inspired and a little more fulfilled from what you find here. Read on about my mission.
My Books and Zines
November 10th, 11AM - 6PM - Eugene, OR, Tabling at Euzine Comics and Zine Fest